A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

AND I'M IN LOVE WITH ILLUSION, SO SAW ME IN HALF

I've listened to Rabbit Fur Coat by Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins quite a few times, so I don't know why I hadn't noticed the song "You Are What You Love" before. I even had to get up and go check what the song title was. Amusingly, it's named for the lines that grabbed my attention: "You are what you love, and not what loves you back."

And that line makes me think of Love the Way You Love and the link I forgot to post to an image from the book Marc shared this week.

I have been amused by a couple of things lately. One is that when I was talking to Chynna yesterday, I told her I had opted out of reading The Everlasting again before giving it to the copyeditor. I just couldn't bring myself to do it, this is the most tedious stage of the process and I could tinker with it forever if you let me. "Well, didn't you always tell me there is a point where you just have to let the work go," she says to me. Damn, my own advice given back to me. At least now I know she really was listening!

The other is a joke someone told me that keeps cracking me up.
Q: How come hipsters are never good at karate?
A: They always refuse to give up their white belt.

Haw! Hipster doofuses!

Current Soundtrack: Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, Rabbit Fur Coat


Current Mood: naughty

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * The Blog Roll

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you I was listening. You just never believed me!