A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

MY FRIENDS ARE WRITERS, WRITERS OF FICTION

* Jennifer de Guzman has a new short story, "Captive," online at Susurrus Magazine. (Cat owners know that's the sound a cat makes when they sneeze while cleaning themselves. "Lick, lick--susurrus!") This will prove once and for all that Jennifer is not sweet and nice.

* Neal Shaffer has started a new blog to track the progress of his new comic for Oni, Borrowed Time, which also has its own website. (I've added the link to the blog to my permanent Blog Roll linked at the bottom of all my posts. I plan to keep that updated as time goes on.)

* Sarah Grace McCandless will be part of a Washington D.C. lit event on April 10, and she's also posted about her forthcoming book tour. I'm tempted to joke that her upcoming book, The Girl I Wanted To Be, is my biography.

* Greg Rucka's Queen & Country returns to comic book shops tomorrow with issue #29, illustrated by the excellent Chris Samnee. It's a good reason to go to the comic book store. Reason #2 is the release of the Banana Sunday trade paperback collection by Root Nibot and Colleen Coover, the one girl I know who has more girls tell me is their secret girlfriend than any other. If only Colleen knew!

Current Soundtrack: The Decemberists, Picaresque

Current Mood: loving

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: