A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

AREN'T I BETTER THAN A BOY WHO CAN'T READ?

BOOKS I READ 2006



While I feel comfortable picking my top movies and albums in a given year, I’m not nearly well read enough to do the same for books. So, instead, I will list the comics and books I read over the year that I would recommend to others. Granted, this means I read more than what is on here. Also, I read more comics than are here, but if it was in issue form, I only listed series with significant amount released in the year (at least six issues). I also didn't list short stories (read many by Cornell Woolrich out of Night & Fear) and poems (lots of Baudelaire).

12 Days by June Kim
The Abandoned by Ross Campbell
Batman & the Monster Men/Batman & the Mad Monk by Matt Wagner
Batman: Year 100 by Paul Pope
Benkei in New York by Jinpachi Mori & Jiro Taniguchi
Bonjour Tristesse by Francois Sagan
The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer
Breaking Up by Aimee Friedman & Christine Norrie
Bumperboy & the Loud, Loud Mountain by Debbie Huey
Casanova #1-5 by Matt Fraction & Gabriel Ba
Chewing Gum in Church by Steven Weissman
Comics & Sequential Art by Will Eisner
Complete Dennis the Menace: 1951-1952 by Hank Ketcham
DC SOLO: Mike Allred, Teddy Kristiansen, Brendan McCarthy
DE: Tales by Gabriel Ba & Fabio Moon
Demo by Brian Wood & Becky Cloonan
Ex Machina vol. 1-3 by Brian K. Vaughan & Tony Harris
Five Fists of Science by Matt Fraction & Steven Sanders
The Girl I Waned to Be by Sarah Grace McCandless
Gray Horses by Hope Larson
Gun for Sale by Graham Greene
Immortality by Milan Kundera
Kamikaze Girls by Novala Takemoto
Lady Snowblood vol. 1-3 by Kazuo Koike & Kazuo Kamimura
Local #1-6 by Brian Wood & Ryan Kelly
The Long Hot Summer by Eric Stephenson & Jamie McKelvie
Making Comics by Scott McCloud
Miss Misery by Andy Greenwald
Monster vol. 1-2 by Naoki Urasawa
Noble Boy by Scott Morse
Now and On Earth by Jim Thompson
Off Road by Sean Murphy
Path of the Assassin vol. 1-2 by Kazuo Koike & Goseki Kojima
Past Lies by Nunzio DeFilipis, Christina Weir, & Christopher Mitten
Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan & Niko Henrichon
"The Rape of Lucrece" by William Shakespeare
Sexy Chix comics anthology
Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness by Bryan Lee O'Malley
Shojo Beat manga magazine (year 2)
Side Scrollers by Matthew Loux
Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata
Solstice by Steven T. Seagle & Justin Norman
Summer Crossing by Truman Capote
The Ticking by Renée French
Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
Usagi Yojimbo #90-99 by Stan Sakai
Wet Moon: Unseen Feet, vol. 2 by Ross Campbell
X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl by Peter Milligan, Mike Allred, & Nick Dragotta



Current Soundtrack: Border Radio: Criterion Collection, director's commentary with Allison Anders and Dean Lent

Current Mood: intimidated (by all I haven't read)

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: