A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, December 25, 2006

HOLLYWOOD GIRL ON THE FIRE ESCAPE - Christmas Edition

For my Christmas present, Joëlle Jones drew me a picture for my Audrey Hepburn collection. She also framed it up in a custom-decorated frame, and it looks really smart next to the doll Ian gave me for my birthday.



(part I) (part II) (part III) (part IV) (part V) (part VI) (Jen Wang's Audrey) (part VII) (part VIII)

It's been an Audrey holiday. My friend Benrus sent me the amazing book The Audrey Hepburn Treasures.



It's not just a simple photo book, but an interactive object. Every few pages, there is a pocket full of all sorts of neat things, ranging from reproductions of her wartime identity card to programs from plays she was in and a letter from Cary Grant. For a subject that has been covered so exhaustively, it's amazing to see someone find a new approach.



He also tracked down a DVD burn of Green Mansions, one of Audrey's lesser-known films, directed by her then-husband, Mel Ferrer.



Now I can sit and look through my book, with the movie playing in front of me, the portrait next to it, and drink coffee out of the mug Chynna sent me:



Good times!

Current Soundtrack: Low, Christmas; Belle & Sebastian, Xmas Peel Session

Current Mood: cold

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: