A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

DO NOT FORSAKE ME, OH MY DARLING

A new review of 12 Reasons Why I Love Her showed up today. I was not familiar with Tiny Heroes before, but it looks like a Portland-based blog by a reader named Mindy C. In her "about me" section she mentions having a pug, and I just got back from pug-sitting for Ms. Joëlle Jones herself, and I smell like dog.

Which is neither here nor there. The review is very nice, and it's cool to get the perspective of a fairly new comics reader. An excerpt, with link to the full review:

"The promise of the cover - that it would a love poem of sorts from a male perspective paid off inside, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the intriguing manga-esque art continued as well. Sometimes cover art can be quite deceiving.."

To recommend my own newly discovered love poem, Mod-ified Music had a post today about a French singer named Sophie with a downloadable mp3 of her cover of "Be My Baby," which we all know is one of the best songs of all time. Get the song here. Mod-ified is a blog out of Singapore and is routinely full of gems, usually great discoveries of '60s music from overseas, including many Asian covers of familiar tunes and sometimes even modern bands.

Current Soundtrack: Tex Ritter, "High Noon;" The The, "I've Been Waitin' For Tomorrow (All Of My Life)"

Current Mood: pleased

No comments: