* Easy Virtue, Colin Firth rises high in this Noel Coward adaptation, but other problems get in the way of this simple pleasure.
* Food, Inc., an illuminating look at how food became big business and what's wrong with that development.
* O' Horten, a quietly involving portrait of a changing life from Norwegian director Bent Hamer.
* Year One, Jack Black and Michael Cera starring in the worst movie of the year so far. Avoid at all costs.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* The Seventh Seal, Ingmar Bergman's quintessential foreign film shows no signs of aging.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Diary of a Suicide, a lost French film from the early 1970s that was better off not found. With Delphine Seyrig and Sami Frey.
* My Dinner with Andre - Criterion Collection, the cult-classic conversation piece is just as relevant in the era of reality TV. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)
Current Soundtrack: The Daily Show 6/18; Paul Weller, "I Walk on Gilded Splinters/Broken Stones (acoustic)" (BBC versions)
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich