A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, July 31, 2009

BLOGGING AT ROBOT 6: And her tears flowed like wine: Michelangelo Antonioni directs The Big Sleep

Today's column, cross-posted with my Criterion blog, looks at the cinematic influence on You Have Killed Me, comparing and contrasting my script with Howard Hawks' adaptation of The Big Sleep and Michelangelo Antonioni's groundbreaking L'avventura.



Read the whole thing here.

It was fun going back over these movies and seeing how much a semi-facetious description was actually very apropos, and how much these two films influenced me even when I didn't realize it.

Current Soundtrack: The Jam, "Wasteland;" the Raconteurs, "Call it a Day"

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: