A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

JUST LOOK INTO HER FALSE-COLORED EYES

Not to be outdone by the girls of Spell Checkers, the dangerous ladies of You Have Killed Me have seduced their way into another awesome review. Tales from the Parents Basement/Astonishing Reviews has a new rave on their site, written by Ryan Doman.

A taste:

"The art by Joëlle Jones is jaw-dropping. This is one of the most beautiful books I have ever seen. I’m no artist, but there were times when I actually stopped reading and asked myself 'How the hell did she do that?' It takes something really special for me to stop reading the story and detach myself from the whole experience to pay special attention to one facet of the books creation - be that the art, the writing, or whatever. There was a few times that I stopped reading and just absorbed what I had just seen on the page. Beautiful, astounding work. The mood created by her art was incredible. She had certainly done her homework with some film noir classics, and it paid off in a big way.

Mr. Rich had done his homework as well. The plot and dialogue was pitch-perfect. Chandler and Spillane would have given this a 'thumbs up' - if not been a little jealous. Hard-boiled one-liners to die for. For such a nice gentleman (I’ve met him in person, and heard/seen interviews) he sure can write TOUGH very well. You can tell this was written by someone who has loved noir, and understands the conventions of the genre."


The rest in the link.

Current Soundtrack: Gorillaz, "On Melancholy Hill"

No comments: