NEW IN THEATRES...
* Clash of the Titans. Yes, yes, I know you want big monsters fighting, but do you also want to be bored by those same monsters and totally unimpressed by the digital effects and 3D? Then by all means, let the gods punish you.
* The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg & the Pentagon Papers, a compelling documentary about the man who tried--and kind of succeeded--to stop the Vietnam War.
The Most Dangerous Man opens in Portland at Cinema 21 this weekend, and Daniel Ellsberg will be appearing on Friday and Saturday to answer questions. Check their site for details.
UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...
* Yojimbo, the samurai romp from Akira Kurosawa, who recently had his 100th birthday.
THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...
* Gogol Bordello Non-Stop, a documentary about the gypsy punks.
* Letters from Fontainhas: Three Films by Pedro Costa, a difficult boxed set from the Portuguese director. Neorealism in the Lisbon slums. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)
Current Soundtrack: Suede, High Hopes bootleg comp of early material and live performances;
e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon
All text (c) 2010 Jamie S. Rich