A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, February 15, 2013

REAL BY REEL


First up, some big news regarding my film reviews. I am now a regular contributor to the Oregonian, Portland's daily newspaper. My primary gig will be writing their Friday column "Indie & Arthouse." It will appear in their A&E section each week, as well as online.

My first installment is already up. Read it here! I cover a shorts program featuring local African American directors, as well as a screening of the first Best Picture Oscar Winner, Wings.

THIS WEEK IN BD/DVD REVIEWS...

* Beauty is Embarrassing: The Wayne White Story, a fun documentary about one of the pop artists responsible for some of the sets and puppets on "Pee-Wee's Playhouse."

* White Zombie, the Bela Lugosi cult hit that is credited with starting off the zombie genre.

Current Sountrack: Bert Jansch, Birthday Blues



e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2013 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: