A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

FROM THE EDGE OF THE DEEP GREEN SEA

For some strange reason--probably a combination of the summer cold (and its nasty Klingon phlegm) and just the general readjustment after travel--I was up until 3 a.m. last night, and then I was able to sleep in until 11 a.m. That's a rare trick for me, since I usually wake up like clockwork. It was also nearly 2 a.m. when I was simultaneously e-mailing with someone in California who had not gone to bed, as well, and someone in England, who had just gotten up. Such is the internet. (And since they know each other, were they secretly talking about me?)

I finished the first draft of volume 12 of Ai Yori Aoshi over the last couple of days, a good way to get back on the bicycle. I was actually supposed to start a new title, but the copy of the Japanese edition hasn't shown up yet, so I jumped ahead. This Ai Yori Aoshi manages to somehow be both the sappiest and the most naked of them all, which is no mean feat. Every chapter has the girls taking a bath, while also talking at length about how all of their happiness is intertwined. Thank goodness it ends with portents of trials and tribulations to come!

Current Soundtrack: The Cure, Wish

Current Mood: finished

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: