A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

OUT OF THE SINKING?

Ugh. I've been really bogged down lately, and I haven't been getting much of my own writing done at all. Plus, the day job has been getting on my nerves. I'd like to update here with something more substantial, but alas...I've been funnelling it all into getting ahead on assignments. 11th Cat volume 4 and Because I'm the Goddess volume 2 are due this coming Saturday and Monday, respectively, and Wordstock is Sunday, so it's been a nose-to-the-grindstone series of days. I'm glad to say that drafts of both are now done, and my next deadline is not until May 7, so I can spend some time clearing my head with my own stuff.

And then maybe I'll do an interesting blog post.

Moustache Watch: Day 10 of the hairy lip. This whole thing has backfired on me. Rather than proving to Joëlle that I look like a complete turd with a soup strainer, she thinks it's hilarious and has visions of me as Ron Burgundy or something. Insult to injury, Lara liked it, too, as did all the guys at the poker game Saturday, and a couple of my neighborhood gals. It's like the world has gone damn crazy!

I also blame the facial hair for the huge zit that grew on my face right next to my left ear--between it and my sideburn--over the last couple of days. It was hard as a rock yesterday, and almost the circumferance of a dime. It finally popped today, and it was awesome, because it was close enough to my ear that I could hear the pop, as well as the pus coming out in a silly string-like strand and curling up on my finger. The pop lived up to its onomatopoeic glory, and the dispersal of white stuff sounded like a string being pulled through a pipe at a high speed. A rare and sexy pleasure to be sure! (These details shared especially for Kelly Sue.)

Other goings on: Lara and the ever-excellent Stolen Sweets will be opening for the also excellent Vagabond Opera on Thursday. Details on the Vagabond site. The current plan is to go after the Harvey Pekar appearance downtown.

Current Soundtrack: shuffle, and I'm too lazy to tell you what. Deal with it. It's 3:48 a.m. and I've been going since 10:30 a.m. What about you?

Current Mood: finished

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still say moustaches are disgusting, and would be especially retarded looking on you. You suck with facial hair! Shave that shit off! Facial hair is gnar!

Awesome about the zit, though.