A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

TO ME YOU ARE A WORK OF ART

Last night I retired to a regular watering hole to do some work on the script for Love the Way You Love vol. 3. My shift at the store left me tired, and my brain needed a little bit of dislodging so I could solve some problems. I rarely thumbnail things myself, but I do find it handy for thinking through sequences. Here you will find the worst, most unreadable story notes known to man:





I would have given a spoiler warning, but chances are no one can read this. If anyone wants to take a crack at translating what I wrote, the first one to e-mail it to me correctly gets the first 3 issues of the comics series free. I have every faith that I will be keeping those comics myself.

Love the Way also got its first blog mention courtesy of Mason West.

Part of the fun last night, too, was that my favorite waitress was working: none other than Joëlle Jones. She had her sketchbook with her, and I was able to look at some gorgeous cover ideas for 12 Reasons. It was tough picking what my favorite was, because I liked them all. I told her I could guess which one Oni would like, though.

I commandeered their jukebox for a while, and here is what I played:
Primal Scream - "Trainspotting"
Blur - "Sing"
The Jam - "Absolute Beginners"
The Clash - "Rudie Can't Fail"
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - "Do You Love Me?"
Elvis Costello & the Attractions - "Man Out of Time"
Bjork - "There's More to Life Than This"
King Black Acid - "Into the Sun"
Buddy Holly - "True Love Ways"
Nina Simone - "Fine & Mellow"

The last song was the lady's choice. And a good one at that.

Current Soundtrack: The Orb, Okie Dokie! It's the Orb on Kompakt


Current Mood: mischievous

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

2 comments:

Marc Ellerby said...

We also got a mention here...

http://www.comicgate.de/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=357&Itemid=26

But it's in German. You can sorta translate it using this

http://translation2.paralink.com/

Jamie S. Rich said...

Har.

"A rock band, love at first sight and a slimy music producer (however, probably - in contrast to the mucus bags in the just fixed up Fear agent - without tentacle) one already anticipates about which it in Love the Way You Love of Jamie S. Rich and Marc Ellerby goes. The central figure is the young Tristan, singer in a volume which hard has to fight with lovesickness when he with a concert Isobel sees ... and, potzblitz!, falls in love with them! The lovely Isolde finds him again also quite comical, however, is engaged with the mentioned music producer without tentacle who sees his stair in the career sky in the success of Tristans tape. It follow verplematischen Problikationen many. Tristan! Isolde! Heart pain! Plot is nothing, execution is everything. You can put in interviews with Rich to You here and here."