A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, September 01, 2006

IF I WROTE YOU A SYMPHONY, JUST TO SAY HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO ME

The best thing about not having cable is that when something like the Video Music Awards is on, I no longer have to waste three hours of my life watching flash-in-the-pans like James Blunt get awards. I can just go to YouTube and see the performances I want. I wish I were Justin Timberlake. (Ian Shaughnesy would be my Timbaland.) And, really, can I be more in love with Christina Aguilera?

For those of you looking to go to the movies today, might I recommend:
* The Quiet starring Elisha Cuthbert & Camilla Belle, dir. Jamie Babbit
* This Film Is Not Yet Rated, a documentary about how films get rated, dir. Kirby Dick

If you are going to the video store, do rent Kicking and Screaming, Criterion's release of Noah Baumbach's mid-90s post-college angst-fest. Do not rent Radioland Murders, the absolute flop of a screwball comedy "from the mind of George Lucas."

Current Soundtrack: Christina, Shakira, Justin, and does anybody have a link to the Killers?

Current Mood: hungry

No comments: