A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

AUTUMN LOVE/SET THE MOOD

On Friday, the Comics Reporter blog asked for readers to send in a list of up to five comics or comic-related books that they are looking forward to this fall. Read the list here.

Life of the Party Mason West submitted 12 Reasons Why I Love Her. Amusingly, I knocked my own book out of the pole position with my list, so 12 Reasons dropped to #2 in the alphabetical rundown.

The books I recommended:
* 12 Days by June Kim (Tokyopop)
* Fashion High Graphic Novel (Breaking Up) by Aimee Friedman & Christine Norrie (Scholastic/Graphix)
* PulpHope: The Art of Paul Pope by Paul Pope (AdHouse)
* Shenanigans by Ian Shaughnessy & Mike Holmes (Oni)
* SideScrollers by Matthew Loux (Oni)

There are a lot of good things on there. I definitely second the nods to Casanova by Matt Fraction & Gabriel Ba and The Damned by Cullen Bunn & Brian Hurtt. Did you read The Damned preview?

Current Soundtrack: The Simpsons: The Complete Eighth Season

Current Mood: hot

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: