A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

PULL SHAPES

FIRST, Andi Watson is sharing the pencils of the first of a two-page strip we are doing. I am not sure if we're supposed to say what it's for, so I'll stick with Andi's tight-lipped secrecy. He's done an amazing job taking a packed script and making it come alive. He always amazes.

SECOND, I got up at 8:00 a.m. this morning because I wanted to deliver the final 26 pages of 12 Reasons Why I Love Her to the Oni offices. That's right, it's all done!



It's impossible for me to contextualize this, to consider I only met Joëlle Jones a year ago. It was September 1, 2005 that we got together for coffee and she showed me her portfolio and I gave her a copy of the script. I tried to emphasize I was auditioning for her as much as she was for me. And now, here we are, done with our first original graphic novel.

It looks good that I'll be attending SPX. We were trying to make a deadline that would allow us to participate in the Ignatz Outstanding Debut Comic Award, and I think we managed to pull it off.

Current Soundtrack: Method Man, 4:21...the Day After

Current Mood: I love love.

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: