A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

LOVE THE WAY YOU LOVE/WINTER UPDATE

I wanted to give a quick update in regards to the sixth issue of Love the Way You Love, which I think was actually solicited for this month, despite Oni's release date on their website of 11/28.

If you've been keeping up with Marc Ellerby's journal (and if you haven't, why not? how else will you know what emo rent boys do for fun in England?), you may have noticed he mentioned not drawing due to a wrist problem. As he himself wrote last week:

"In bad news, my hand fell apart on the Saturday. While drawing a splash page of LTWYL 6, I felt all my knuckles and joints pop and tighten and I tried to work through the pain but it kept happening. Then my wrist went and I was back in my bandage support, looking like a proper cunt*. So I couldn't even draw. I'm not sure if it was just a lapse as it feels slightly better now, but either way I'll pop to the pharmacy for a stronger does of deep heat and a new support. If it doesn't hint at getting better by the end of the week, back to the docs with me."

(*Remember, the Brits use that term differently. Don't start a freakout internet meme about it or nothin'.)

Keep in mind, this is Marc trying to get back into drawing after taking some time off to heal whatever it was he did to himself. At first they thought it was his tendon, but now it may have transferred over to his muscles. He's in a splint, and he'll try to draw as he mends. Obviously, though, this is a very important issue for the series and we're not going to do anything to rush it, so it may take some time. Oni's November date is the last estimate we would have gone for, but I have a feeling we won't clear that. We'd love to have it out for Christmas, but we're not going to call it until we're certain.

Please bear with us. Obviously, we'd rather it not be this way, we'd rather Marc be healthy and the book ship on time, but I think we can all agree that the healthy part is better than the ship on time part at this point.

Naturally, his blog and my blog will continue to have updates.

*

On a much more light-hearted note, if I disappear for the next couple of months, no, I haven't gone all Have You Seen the Horizon Lately? on you guys. It'll just be me hibernating with DVDs. My editor just dropped off a stack, which includes:

Berlin Alexanderplatz (940 minutes)
Seinfeld - The Complete Series (180 episodes, 104 hours of bonus material, and a book to go with it)
Sopranos - Season Six, Part 2 (9 episodes)

And then there are the five single releases he brought as well.

He laughed when I saw the box. My eyes bugged out, my mouth probably fell open. My social life is going south for the winter!

Current Soundtrack: The Complete Stax-Volt Singles 1959-1968 disc 2


Current Mood: conflicted

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: