A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

CRYING IN THE CHAPEL

HOLY CRAP! My boy Mike Allred did a cover for an August Criterion release!



The last Pietro Germi film they released had a Jaime Hernandez cover, and if they are going to keep going this way, I say please do more Germi films!

I did an interview with Mike for the second issue of Bottle Rocket magazine, due out in July.

*

How common is it for writers to be affected by their own work in the emotional way they hope it will touch their audience? I sometimes grow very cold to my stories, but other times, they surprise me with their punch. The Lance Scott stuff seems to be the worst. I cried at the end of The Everlasting the couple of times I read it front to back. And last night I sat down and read "Romeo May be Bleeding, But Mercutio is Dead" for the first time since finishing it, and I got all choked up and had to compose myself because I was in a coffee shop. Which has to be a good thing, right? Or maybe I need to give that poor sucker Lance an even break....

Current Soundtrack: Elvis Presley, "Thrill of Your Love;" Sugababes, "Better;" The Sundays, "Hideous Towns/Medicine"

Current Mood: curious

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: