A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I AGAINST EYE

Little do people know that my career as a writer begain in Croatia in the mid-'90s, where I had my horror novel, Mahnitost, published.



This is not a doctored cover. It's the real thing. The title, if I recall, translates as "Frenzy." What happened was, in 1994 or '95, I was assisting on the Grendel Tales comics by Darko Macan and Edvin Biukovic. One of Darko's friends wrote Mahnitost and he needed an American name to put on it, because apparently a book penned in the U.S. sold better. So, he stole my name. I imagine one day I will be on a book tour that will take me through that part of the world, and someone will ask me about this book, and I'll discover that I have a legion of fans who don't understand why I abandoned the eye-stabbing motifs of my youth.

Current Soundtrack: Suede, Coming Up

Current Mood: lazy

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll * "Can You Picture That?" * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: